Readmission applies to undergraduate students who have previously been admitted to and attended the University of Florida, at any level. Students who do not enroll at the university for two consecutive terms, including any summer term, must apply for readmission.
Readmission is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the appropriate level, college and major. Contact the college/department you will be applying to for questions regarding availability.
- Satisfactory Academic Records: If you have attended any college or university since you were last enrolled at the University of Florida, you must have a C or higher average (as computed by UF) on all work attempted at each institution. Be aware that grades received at other institutions are not averaged with grades received at UF for the purpose of meeting the university’s grade point average requirements.
- Students must indicate the college and the level of their last enrollment at UF and must also list all institutions attended since leaving UF and provide complete official transcripts from each before the application deadline.
- Students must be in good standing and eligible to return to each institution previously attended.
- Students must indicate the degree program and/or major to which they want to apply or return.
- Students must meet the current admission requirements of the college or school that they expect to enter.
- Satisfactory Conduct Record: Applicants must present a satisfactory record of conduct.
Former undergraduate degree-seeking students who have been dismissed and who wish to return to the University of Florida after an absence of no fewer than five calendar years (during which they have engaged predominantly in non-academic activities) may petition for undergraduate readmission under the Fresh Start Program.
If a student is readmitted, credit for previous UF courses in which minimum grades of C were earned will be calculated in UF credits earned and may be applied toward a degree. No grades previously earned in UF courses will be included in the UF grade point average. All previous course attempts and grades received will remain on the student’s academic record and transcript.
Students cannot apply for the Fresh Start Program subsequent to readmission to the university. Students who have been readmitted under Fresh Start cannot petition subsequently for any retroactive change to their academic records. Students admitted under Fresh Start who do not enroll must reapply for a future term.
For additional information on policy and procedures, former students who wish to petition for readmission under the Fresh Start Program should contact the dean of the college into which they seek readmission.
Each student is responsible for becoming familiar with the rules and regulations of the university and for applying them as appropriate. Additional information relative to academic rules, conduct, graduation, social activities and failure in studies can be found in the sections containing regulations of the colleges and schools.