About this Program
- College: Design, Construction and Planning
- School: M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management
- Credits: 12 | Completed with minimum grades of C or better and a combined grade average of 2.50 from all courses
- Contact: 352.273.1180 | 304 Rinker Hall
Certificates must contain at least nine credits of coursework that are unique to that program out of all other certificates and minors.
The mission of the M. E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management is to be the center of excellence for construction. The Rinker School will pursue this by promoting professional and ethical behavior in education and practice, advancing the industry by creating new knowledge through research and scholarly activities, educating individuals in principles, knowledge, and skills required to be successful in their professional careers, and providing service and transferring knowledge to the citizens of Florida, the construction industry, professional societies, the nation, and the world.
Email | 352.273.1150 (tel) | 352.392.9606 (fax)
P.O. Box 115703
304 RINKER HALL
GAINESVILLE FL 32611-5703
- A senior enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in a construction-related field (e.g., civil engineering) reviewed and approved by the school's faculty.
- Demonstrated English communication skills.
- Students from non-exempt countries must demonstrate proficiency in English by providing TOEFL or TSE scores.
Students will be awarded the certificate if they complete four of the following upper-division construction management courses with a combined GPA of 2.5 or better and a 2.0 or better in each course.
|Equipment and Methods for Heavy/Highway Construction|
|Graphic Communication in Construction|
|Construction Estimating 1|
or BCN 5618C
|Construction, Safety, Health and the Environment|
or BCN 5737
|Advanced Issues in Construction Safety and Health|
|Construction Project Management|
or BCN 5705C
|Project Management for Construction|
|Construction Planning and Control|
or BCN 5722
|Advanced Construction Planning and Control|