Hours: 15 credits with minimum grades of C
The certificate program in geomatics is offered via distance learning technologies. The certificate allows individuals without a bachelor's degree in geomatics or a similar field to complete the necessary academic coursework required for licensure as a professional surveyor and mapper (PSM).
Students must have a high-school diploma or the equivalent and they must have completed all course prerequisites before enrolling in any course. Degree-seeking geomatics majors are not eligible for this certificate.
- SUR 3103 Geomatics (3 credits)
- SUR 3641 Survey Computation (3 credits)
- Choose Three (9 credits):
- SUR 3322 Visualization of Spatial Information
- SUR 3393 Geographic Information Systems
- SUR 4201 Route Geometrics and Design
- SUR 4403 Cadastral Principles
- SUR 4430 Surveying and Mapping Practice
Students should contact Scott Sager at 352-846-0846, email@example.com.