Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences Minor
Hours: 15 credits, completed with minimum grades of C and no S-U
Students applying for the minor must obtain written approval from their academic advisers and the undergraduate coordinator in the Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (FAS) program at least two semesters before graduation.
- Students must complete nine credits of FAS courses at the 3000 level or higher.
- Six additional credits may be from courses not listed below and from other departments, as approved by the FAS undergraduate coordinator.
- A minimum of nine credits must be completed at UF.
- A maximum of three credits of FAS 4905 (Individual Study) can be applied toward the minor, but cannot be used to fulfill the nine credits of 3000 level or higher.
- Students can take appropriate courses in other departments with prefixes such as GLY, OCE, SWS, VME, WIS and ZOO, as approved by the FAS undergraduate coordinator to satisfy a maximum of six credits.
|FAS 2024 Global and Regional Perspectives in Fisheries
|FAS 4202C Biology of Fishes
|FAS 4305C Introduction to Fishery Science
|FAS 4405 Aquariums, Water and Aquaculture
|FAS 4905 Individual Study
||1-3, max 3|
|FAS 4932 Special Topics in Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
||1-4, max 8|