Academic Learning Compact - Biological Illustration
The interdisciplinary studies major in biological illustration provides you with knowledge of and competence in biology, structural biology and structural zoology. You will know and use the scientific approach to gather and verify knowledge. You will be able to draw appropriate conclusions and inferences from properly conducted laboratory research. You will be able to evaluate the significance, quality and veracity of information gathered via experiment and literature and to apply them effectively. You will also possess the ability to articulate results clearly and effectively.
Additional information is available from your major's website.
Before Graduating You Must
- Satisfactorily complete IDS 4906 Interdisciplinary Research Thesis (capping 7-12 credits of thesis research), graded according to department rubric.
- Complete requirements for the baccalaureate degree, as determined by faculty.
Skills You Will Acquire in the Major (SLOs)
- Demonstrate knowledge of and competence in biology, structural botany and structural zoology.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of the scientific approach to gather and verify knowledge.
- Draw appropriate conclusions and inferences from properly conducted laboratory research.
- Evaluate the significance, quality and veracity of information gathered via experiment and literature and apply them effectively.
- Articulate research results clearly and effectively in speech and in writing in an accepted style of presentation.
Table Key: I = Introduced; R = Reinforced; A = Assessed
|IDS 4906, course 1
|IDS 4906, course 2
|This is the only required course for this major (or equivalent with other prefixes).|
Back to Top
Direct assessment of research in the thesis.