Academic Learning Compact - Russian
The Bachelor of Arts in Russian provides language proficiency equivalent to three years of college Russian study. You will be able to evaluate the significance of information gathered from authentic sources in Russia and Russia-related countries and to apply them effectively. You also will be able to articulate research and reception of target culture in an accepted presentation style.
Additional information is available from your major's website.
Before Graduating You Must
- Achieve an acceptable score on the Russian proficiency test, or the equivalent, at the end of the third year of language study.
- Satisfactory faculty evaluation of a term paper or final project completed for the Russian majors seminar, the senior thesis or the equivalent.
- Complete requirements for the baccalaureate degree, as determined by faculty.
Skills You Will Acquire in the Major (SLOs)
- Express proficiency in the Russian language, equivalent to that normally attained through three years of college Russian language study.
- Define and describe Russian literature as well as cultural trends and traditions.
- Evaluate the significance of information gathered from authentic sources in Russia and Russia-related countries and apply it effectively.
- Articulate clearly in speech and in writing research and reception of target culture.
Table Key: I = Introduced; R = Reinforced; A = Assessed
Back to Top
Term paper or final project and language proficiency test.