Academic Learning Compact - Women's Studies
The Bachelor of Arts in women and gender studies provides knowledge of the core concepts of the interdisciplinary fields of gender and women's studies. It offers insights into gender's role in shaping human experience in U.S. and international contexts. You will learn the theories behind gender and women's studies and how to interpret texts in light of those theories. You also will learn the field's research methods and you will demonstrate the ability to communicate critical perspectives in the field.
Additional information is available from your major's website.
Before Graduating You Must
- Satisfactorily complete an internship with an outside agency, a service learning course or a research-based project submitted for evaluation to core or affiliated women's studies faculty. Assessment will be based on SLOs 1-3.
- Complete requirements for the baccalaureate degree, as determined by faculty.
Skills You Will Acquire in the Major (SLOs)
- Identify the terminology and concepts central to the interdisciplinary field of gender and women’s students.
- Examine and interpret material using the theory and research methods of gender and women’s studies and apply these ideas to current social issues.
- Present ideas concerning gender and women’s studies in spoken and written form.
Table Key: I = Introduced; R = Reinforced; A = Assessed
|Internship, Service Learning or
Back to Top
Entering and final essays; and internship, service learning or research project.