Admission to the University
Admission Information for all Applicants
The general requirements below apply to undergraduate admission and readmission to any college or division of the university.
Please understand that admission to the university is selective. Only minimum requirements for admission are provided; satisfaction of these minimums does not guarantee admission:
Back to Top
- Online application for admission received by the Office of Admissions by the deadline.
- A non-refundable application fee of $30 for each term of application.
- A satisfactory academic record. Applicants must furnish a complete chronological record of educational institutions attended. Official transcripts must be submitted according to instructions on the application. Failure to declare attendance at another institution could invalidate an offer of admission and any credits or degrees earned.
- Satisfactory scores on achievement or aptitude tests.
- A satisfactory conduct record.
- The application must identify a preferred term of enrollment (summer B, fall, or spring). The application may be considered for and admission may be offered to terms other than the preferred term specified on the application. Applicants who wish to change their term of entry should contact the Office of Admissions immediately.
- Admission to on-campus degree programs must be validated by taking one or more on-campus courses in the specific semester for which the student is accepted. Correspondence and/or Web courses do not fulfill this requirement, and this rule does not apply to Web-based degree programs.
Residency for Tuition Purposes
Requests for in-state residency for tuition purposes are not granted to applicants who appear to have entered the state solely for educational purposes. Please refer to the residency regulations for detailed information.
Proof of Immunization
Before registering for classes, each person accepted for admission must submit proof of immunization. No student will be permitted to register until the Student Health Care Center has received and approved the mandatory health form.
Access to and ongoing use of a computer is required of all students. The university expects new students and continuing students to acquire computer hardware and software appropriate to the degree program. The cost of meeting this requirement will be included in financial aid considerations.
All official university correspondence is sent via e-mail.
Notice of Admission
When an application for admission is approved, the university will send a notice of admission for a specific term. If the student is unable to enroll for the term indicated or wishes to be considered for entrance to a different term, the Office of Admissions should be notified immediately.
All offers of admission are tentative (if coursework is currently in progress) and will remain so until the Office of Admissions receives and reviews final transcripts and credentials. Students who are admitted conditionally may enroll, subject to verification of satisfaction of all conditions of admission. Admission offers will be revoked if final coursework/credentials do not meet admission requirements. Should that occur, the student's classification will change to a non-degree status and enrollment will be denied.
Under no circumstances should an applicant make plans to depart for Gainesville until the university has provided official admission notification. An applicant who comes to campus without confirmation of admission does so entirely at his or her own risk. Presence on campus will not influence the admission decision.
Applicants who furnish false or fraudulent statements or information in connection with an application for admission or residence affidavit could receive disciplinary action, denial of admission and invalidation of credits or degrees earned.
Under Board of Education policy, the university can admit a limited number of students as exceptions to the requirements listed above.
Information and Requirements for Admission
Back to Top