Readmission to the University
Readmission applies to students who have been previously admitted and who have attended this university.
Undergraduate students who do not enroll at the university for two consecutive terms, including any summer term, must apply for readmission. Readmission, however, is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the appropriate level, college or major. Students who skip a single term will be scheduled automatically for a registration appointment for one additional term.
How to Apply: Apply online for readmission to undergraduate study. Applicants should indicate the college and the level of last enrollment at the university as well as the college and level to which they wish to apply. Applications must be received in the Office of Admissions by the deadline with a $30 application fee. Readmission deadlines.
Readmission to UF Requires
- Applicants must be eligible to return to the university. If applicants have attended any college or university since last enrolled at the University of Florida, they also must have a minimum C average (as computed by UF) on all work attempted at each institution.
(Grades received at other institutions are not averaged with grades received at UF for the purpose of meeting UF grade point average requirements.)
- Students must list all institutions attended and provide a complete official transcript from each institution attended since leaving UF. Failure to declare attendance at another institution could invalidate admission and any credits or degrees earned. Applicants also must be in good standing and eligible to return to each institution previously attended.
- All readmission applicants must meet the current admission requirements of the college or school they expect to enter.
- Readmission is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the level, college or major. Refer to the appropriate college section for admission requirements.
- Readmission is for a specific term. If a student is unable to enroll for the term indicated, he or she must apply for readmission to a different term.
- Applicants must present a satisfactory record of conduct. Regardless of other qualifications, applicants who have experienced major or continuing difficulties with school or other authorities since their last enrollment at the University of Florida may find their application for readmission denied.
Fresh Start Program
Former undergraduate degree-seeking students who have been dismissed and who wish to return to the University of Florida after an absence of no fewer than five calendar years (during which they have engaged predominantly in non-academic activities) may petition for undergraduate readmission under the Fresh Start Program.
If a student is readmitted, credit for previous UF courses in which minimum grades of C were earned will be calculated in UF credits earned and may be applied toward a degree. No grades previously earned in UF courses will be included in the UF grade point average. All previous course attempts and grades received will remain on the student’s academic record and transcript.
Students cannot apply for the Fresh Start Program subsequent to readmission to the university. Students who have been readmitted under Fresh Start cannot petition subsequently for any retroactive change to their academic records. Students admitted under Fresh Start who do not enroll must reapply for a future term.
For additional information on policy and procedures, former students who wish to petition for readmission under the Fresh Start Program should contact the dean of the college into which they seek readmission.
Each student is responsible for becoming familiar with the rules and regulations of the university and for applying them as appropriate. Additional information relative to academic rules, conduct, graduation, social activities and failure in studies can be found in the sections containing regulations of the colleges and schools.
Additional Information for Readmission
Back to Top