Credits: 9 with minimum grades of C or S
Students earning the CALS honors scholar certificate must complete at least nine credits of honors coursework and an undergraduate honors thesis. The coursework, thesis topic and thesis advisor are unique to each student and are subject to approval by the CALS honors program director. Students must have an upper-division GPA of 3.75 or higher to complete the program and earn the certificate.
Prerequisites include a CALS major, admission to the CALS honors program, completion of 60 credits and a minimum 3.75 UF GPA.
- ALS 3923 Honors Orientation, 1 credit
- XXX 4915 Honors Thesis Research (or similar independent study/research course to be completed as the student is working on their thesis research), 3-4 credits
- Additional honors coursework, 4-5 credits, taken as:
- Existing 3000/4000-level honors courses, approved by the honors program director
- Existing 3000/4000-level CALS courses taken as honors contract courses, approved by the honors program director
- CALS graduate-level courses, approved by the honors program director
- A completed honors thesis, approved by the research mentor, department honors coordinator and honors program director
Contact: Dr. Allen Wysocki at 352.392.1963; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Top