Credits: 15, completed with minimum grades of C
The certificate in environmental horticulture management is offered via distance learning technologies. The certificate enables the working professional and/or adult learner who is place-bound and cannot attend classes in Gainesville to gain a background in the sustainable ornamental horticulture practices used in the greenhouse/nursery and/or landscape industries. The program emphasizes the conservation of resources through proper plant management.
Students must have a high-school diploma or the equivalent and they must have completed all course prerequisites before enrolling in any course. Applicants also must have a basic understanding and/or coursework in biology, botany, chemistry or zoology, or permission of the department.
Contact: Dr. Kimberly Moore at 954.577.6328; email@example.com.
Required Courses (15 credits chosen by the student and advisor)
Back to Top
- EVR 3323 Introduction to Ecosystem Restoration, 4 credits
- LDE 3410C Residential Landscape Design, 3 credits
- ORH 3222C Turfgrass Culture, 4 credits
- ORH 3253C Introductory Nursery Management, 4 credits
- ORH 3513 Environmental Plant Identification and Use, 1 credit
- ORH 3815C Florida Native Landscaping, 3 credits
- ORH 4236C Ornamental Landscape Management, 3 credits
- ORH 4242C Arboriculture, 4 credits
- ORH 4256 Nutritional Management of Nursery Crops, 3 credits
- ORH 4804 Annual and Perennial Gardening, 1 credit
- ORH 4848 Landscape Plant Establishment, 2 credits
- PLS 3222 Plant Propagation, 2 credits