Credits: 18, completed with minimum grades of C
The TESL certificate is designed for students who want to teach English as a second language to adults, overseas or in the US. The certificate is open to students in any undergraduate program at UF.
- LIN 3010 Introduction to Linguistics *
- LIN 3680 Modern English Structure (prereq: LIN 3010)
- LIN 4721 Second Language Acquisition (prereq: LIN 3010) *
- TSL 3360 Introduction to Teaching English as a Second Language
- TSL 3378 Pronunciation for Teaching English as a Second Language (prereq: LIN 3010)
- TSL 4940 Teaching English as a Second Language Internship (prerequisite: completion of at least four of the courses above).
* Linguistics majors can count only LIN 3010 and LIN 4721 toward both the major in linguistics and the TESL certificate.
Back to Top