The accounting minor is open to all non-accounting students in on-campus programs, offering a strong foundation in financial and managerial accounting beyond the introductory level.
With the increasingly interdisciplinary model used by businesses, completion of the minor broadens career opportunities and increases the student’s marketability. With careful course selection, completion of the minor will accrue enough accounting credits for students from any major to apply for direct admission to the Master of Accounting program upon completion of the undergraduate degree.
|ACG 2021 Introduction to Financial Accounting
Prereq: sophomore standing
|ACG 2071 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
Prereq: ACG 2021 with a minimum grade of B
|ACG 3101 Financial Accounting and Reporting 1
Prereq: ACG 2021 and ACG 2071 with minimum grades of B
|ACG 3401 Business Processes and AIS
Prereq: ACG 2021 and ACG 2071 with minimum grades of B; CGS 2531 or ISM 3013 with a minimum grade of C
|ACG 4111 Financial Accounting and Reporting 2
Prereq: ACG 3101, FIN 3403 with minimum grades of C
|ACG 4341 Cost and Managerial Accounting
Prereq: ACG 3101, ACG 3401, MAC 2234 and QMB 3250 with minimum grades of C
Back to Top
- Student must be in an on-campus program. The minor is not available to UF students in online programs.
- All 3000-level and above coursework must be completed at the University of Florida.
- All course and grade prerequisites must be satisfied. Because the prerequisites for some upper-division accounting courses include business courses not included herein, non-business majors typically have to complete additional business courses to complete this minor.
- A minimum grade of C is required for each course in the minor, except for ACG 2021 and ACG 2071, which require a minimum grade of B.
- With advanced approval from the associate director, additional 3000-level or above accounting courses may be substituted for the requirements listed above.
Related Accounting Programs
Back to Top