About this Program
The baccalaureate prepared nurse is equipped to manage complex and changing healthcare environments. Coursework focuses on development of problem solving that will broaden and strengthen the registered nurse student’s preparation for professional nursing practice.
Students must be accepted into the RN to BSN program, which is competitive. The online application for admission must be submitted by the posted deadline.
Minimum Application Requirements
- Associate of Science degree in nursing from an ACEN (formerly NLNAC) accredited program.
- Active, unencumbered Florida RN license.
- An overall GPA of at least 2.8.
- A minimum grade of C in all required pre-professional courses.
- Resume/curriculum vita.
- Two professional reference from persons familiar with the applicant's recent work.
- A statement of intent, not to exceed two typed double-spaced pages, which discusses the applicant's expectations of the BSN program and the student's career goals.
- Completion of 120 credits, including 60 junior/senior-level credits
- A minimum grade of C in each nursing course
- RN to BSN students will be awarded 30 upper-level credit hours based upon current RN licensure and by satisfying the professional portfolio
- Adherence to the standards of acceptable conduct as outlined in the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics, the Florida Nurse Practice Act, the University's Student Guide and the undergraduate catalog
|NUR 3066C||Clinical Reasoning: Health Assessment||3|
|NUR 3805||Professional Nursing in the Evolving Healthcare System||3|
|NUR 3123||Pathophysiology and Pharmacology||4|
|NUR 3826||Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing||2|
|NUR 3169||Inquiry and Evidence in Professional Nursing Practice||3|
|NUR 3197||Genetics and Genomics in Health Care||2|
|NUR 3816||Seminar in Professional Nursing||1|
|NUR 4108||Lead and Inspire 3: Policy and Change in Nursing Practice||3|
|NUR 4635C||Public Health Nursing||4|
|NUR 4815||Professional Nursing Transformation||3|
|NUR 4827||Lead and Inspire 4: Leadership and Innovation in Nursing Practice||2|
RN to BSN Credit Totals
|Upper Division Total|
|Total from courses||30|
|Total from portfolio||30|
|Lower Division Total|
|Total for Degree||120|
The major in nursing prepares graduates as generalists to provide holistic care that addresses the healthcare needs of diverse individuals, families, communities and populations across the lifespan. Nursing practice is built on nursing knowledge, theory and research. Graduates will translate, integrate and apply knowledge that leads to improvements in patient outcomes.
Before Graduating Students Must
- Achieve a rating of satisfactory in all courses, graded according to College of Nursing rubric.
- Complete requirements for the baccalaureate degree, as determined by faculty.
Students in the Major will Learn to
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
- Integrate knowledge, skills and values derived from a solid base in liberal education to deliver quality care to individuals and groups across the lifespan and across healthcare environments.
- Provide leadership in the delivery of safe, high-quality healthcare to diverse individuals and groups across the lifespan and across healthcare environments.
- Utilize current evidence to improve healthcare outcomes for clients.
- Utilize information management and healthcare technology to improve the quality of care.
- Analyze processes through which healthcare policies are developed and changed to influence professional nursing practice and healthcare systems.
- Utilize wellness promotion and illness prevention strategies with individuals and groups to improve population health outcomes across the lifespan.
- Integrate professional values in the delivery of safe, culturally-sensitive care to clients across the lifespan.
- Communicate and collaborate as members of interprofessional teams to deliver safe, high-quality healthcare.
I = Introduced; R = Reinforced; A = Assessed
|Courses||SLO 1||SLO 2||SLO 3||SLO 4||SLO 5||SLO 6||SLO 7||SLO 8|
|NUR 4748L||R, A||I, A||R, A||R, A||A||R, A||A||R|
|NUR 4944L||R, A||R, A||R, A||R, A||R, A||R, A||R, A||R, A|
- Faculty evaluation
- Educational Benchmarking Assessment, Inc. (EBI) exit survey score of 5.0 or above