Admission for International Students
The Office of Admissions classifies an applicant as an undergraduate if he or she has not earned a university degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
Applications cannot be considered until the Office of Admissions receives ALL required credentials. International applicants should supply the following:
Back to Top
- All international applicants should apply online.
- Submit the non-refundable $30 application fee (U.S. currency drawn on a U.S. bank or credit card); an application will not be considered without this fee.
- Submit appropriate test scores:
- Freshmen must submit official SAT or ACT (with writing test) scores.
- Junior-level transfer applicants whose native language is not English must submit official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Michigan English Lab Assessment Battery (MELAB), or provide documentation of successful completion of the University of Florida English Language Institute Program.
- Junior-level transfer applicants whose native language is English or who have completed one academic year of study at a recognized/regionally accredited university or college in a country where English is the official language (excluding intensive English language programs) are exempt from the English proficiency requirement.
- Submit official transcripts, mark sheets, examination certificates and diplomas earned from all high schools, colleges and universities attended. Official certified English translations must be provided for documents not issued in English. Undergraduate applicants are also required to submit secondary and college or university credentials from non-U.S. institutions to a credential evaluation agency for a course-by-course evaluation with grade point average calculation. The credential evaluation report must be submitted to the Office of Admissions. All documents become the property of the university and cannot be returned or forwarded.
When to Apply
International applicants should submit their admission applications and supporting materials well in advance of the published application deadlines.
Under no circumstances should an applicant make plans to depart for Gainesville until the university has provided official admission notification. A student who comes to campus without confirmation of admission does so entirely at his or her own risk. Presence on campus will not influence an admission decision.
Additional Admission Information
Back to Top