About this Program
- College: Education
- Credits: 15 minimum | Completed with minimum grades of C
- Contact: Email | 1002 Norman Hall | 352.273.4376
Students in the School of Special Education, School Psychology, and Early Childhood Studies are uniquely positioned to learn from leaders in the field while simultaneously applying that learning in individually relevant professional settings.
P.O. Box 117050
1801 NORMAN HALL
GAINESVILLE FL 32611-7050
This minor facilitates understanding of disabilities and disability-related issues that are applicable in a variety of settings. Focus is on understanding types of disabilities, how disabilities are perceived in society, the ways people with disabilities are included in recreational, leisure, employment, educational and other community activities, and the legal aspects of disability policies.
- Apply for the minor after earning 45 credits and before earning 100 credits.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA is required and transfer credits are not accepted. All courses must be taken at UF.
- Initiate the application to add the minor
- EEX 2000 or EEX 3093 is a prerequisite for the other three courses.
|EEX 2000||Impact of Disabilities: Home, Community and Workplace||3|
|EEX 3093||Exceptional People in School and Society||3|
|EEX 3097||Social Perspectives on Disability||3|
|EEX 4280||Disabilities in Community and Employment||3|
|EEX 4520||Disabilities: Legal Aspects and Policies||3|