This minor is for engineering and science students who desire knowledge of diverse biomedical and biotechnological applications encompassing biomolecular function, interactions and transport.
The Department of Chemical Engineering administers this minor.
To apply for the minor, students must have completed these eight engineering preprofessional courses with a 2.5 GPA and no course grade lower than C:
- CHM 2045 General Chemistry
- CHM 2046 General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis
- MAC 2311 Analytic Geometry and Calculus 1
- MAC 2312 Analytic Geometry and Calculus 2
- MAC 2313 Analytic Geometry and Calculus 3
- MAP 2302 Elementary Differential Equations
- PHY 2048 Physics with Calculus 1
- PHY 2049 Physics with Calculus 2
|ABE 2062 Biology for Engineers or
BSC 2011 Integrated Principles of Biology 2
|BME 3406 Introduction to Biomolecular Engineering
|ECH 3023 Materials and Energy Balances
ABE 3000C Applications to Biological Engineering, 3 credits
ABE 4662 Quantification of Biological Processes, 3 credits
ABE 5442 Bioprocess Engineering, 3 credits
BME 4220 Biomolecular Cell Mechanics, 3 credits
BME 4321 Process of Cellular Dynamics, 3 credits
ECH 4905 Special Problems in Chemical Engineering, 2 credits ♦
EGN 4912 Engineering Directed Independent Research, 2 credits ♦♦
♦ Nanoscale Transport and other approved electives.
Back to Top
♦♦ Research problems related to biomolecular engineering.