This minor is for engineering and science students who desire knowledge of diverse biomedical and biotechnological applications encompassing biomolecular function, interactions and transport.
About this Minor
- College: Engineering
- Credits: 15-16, completed with minimum grades of C
The Department of Chemical Engineering administers this minor.
To apply for the minor, students must have completed these eight engineering preprofessional courses with a 2.5 GPA and no course grade lower than C:
- CHM 2045 General Chemistry
- CHM 2046 General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis
- MAC 2311 Analytic Geometry and Calculus 1
- MAC 2312 Analytic Geometry and Calculus 2
- MAC 2313 Analytic Geometry and Calculus 3
- MAP 2302 Elementary Differential Equations
- PHY 2048 Physics with Calculus 1
- PHY 2049 Physics with Calculus 2
|ABE 2062 Biology for Engineers or
BSC 2011 Integrated Principles of Biology 2
|BME 3406 Introduction to Biomolecular Engineering
|ECH 3023 Materials and Energy Balances
ABE 3000C Applications to Biological Engineering, 3 credits
ABE 4662 Quantification of Biological Processes, 3 credits
ABE 5442 Bioprocess Engineering, 3 credits
BME 4220 Biomolecular Cell Mechanics, 3 credits
BME 4321 Process of Cellular Dynamics, 3 credits
ECH 4905 Special Problems in Chemical Engineering, 2 credits ♦
EGN 4912 Engineering Directed Independent Research, 2 credits ♦♦
♦ Nanoscale Transport and other approved electives.
Back to Top
♦♦ Research problems related to biomolecular engineering.