Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences Minor
Credits: 15, completed with minimum grades of C and no S-U. A minimum of nine credits must be completed at UF.
The minor introduces students to the basic principles of fisheries science, fish biology, aquatic plant biology and management, aquaculture and related global issues.
Students applying for the minor must obtain written approval from the undergraduate coordinator for fisheries and aquatic sciences at least two semesters before graduation.
To complete the minor, students must:
Back to Top
- Complete a minimum of nine FAS credits at the 3000-level or higher
- FAS 4905 Independent Study cannot be used to satisfy this requirement
- Two credits maximum of FAS 4933 Seminar can apply toward this requirement
- Complete at least six credits, as approved by the FAS undergraduate coordinator
- These may include FAS, FNR, GLY, OCE, SWS, VME, WIS and/or ZOO courses
- Three credits maximum of FAS 4905 Independent Study can apply toward this requirement
- One course maximum, or three credits, of scuba coursework may apply toward this requirement; approved courses include FAS 4932 Scientific Diver and FAS 4932 Research Dive Master.