About this Program
Choose to complete a general concentration or select a track:
- Track One: Languages and Linguistics
- Track Two: Arts and Literatures
- Track Three: Culture, History, and Politics
- Track Four: Environment, Resources, and Development
The Center for African Studies offers semester and academic-year programs at the University of Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) and Makerere University (Uganda), as well as various summer programs.
The list of approved Africa-related electives can be found on the Center for African Studies website.
Requirements, General Concentration
- Students seeking to apply UF study abroad credit toward the minor must complete one three-credit minor course in residence at UF.
- Transfer students must complete at least two three-credit minor courses in residence at UF.
- No more than three credits of 4905 coursework (Individual Work) can be used toward the minor and none of the credits can apply to the 3000-level or above elective requirement.
- Students must complete a minimum of six credits exclusive to the minor that cannot count toward the major(s) or other minors.
|Africa in World History|
|The African Experience: An Introduction to African Studies|
|African studies approved elective (2000-level or above)||3|
|African studies approved electives (3000-level or above)||9|
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, Africa
- Bachelor of Arts in Foreign Languages and Literatures, African Languages