About this Program
- College: Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Credits: 15 minimum | Completed with minimum grades of C and no optional S/U
The Department of English fosters a dynamic nexus of critical thinking, writing, and making. English offers students innovative opportunities for individual and collaborative learning through BA, MFA, and PhD programs. Students work with a variety of materials, including: global Anglophone literature, African American literature, children’s literature, comics, critical theory, digital modes, film and media. In-house journals and media reflect the scholarly, creative, and interdisciplinary work done by the department. Active across campus through its affiliations, English produces next-generation arts and humanities.
Email | 352.392.6650 (tel) | 352.392.0860 (fax)
P.O. Box 117310
4008 TURLINGTON HALL
GAINESVILLE FL 32611-7310
- Only one course with the number ENG 4905 can apply, unless an exception is approved by the undergraduate studies coordinator
- Of 3000-level courses with an ENC prefix, only the following apply to the English minor:
Course List Code Title Credits ENC 3250 Professional Communication 3 ENC 3310 Advanced Exposition 3 ENC 3312 Advanced Argumentative Writing 3 ENC 3414 Hypermedia 3 Of 4000-level courses with an ENC prefix, only the following apply: ENC 4212 Professional Editing 3 ENC 4260 Advanced Professional Writing 3
- Students must complete a minimum six credits of coursework exclusive to the minor that cannot count toward the major(s) or other minors.
|Select five at the 3000/4000 level: 1||15|
|Only these Prefixes Apply|
AML American Literature
CRW Creative Writing
ENC English Composition
ENL English Literature
|Other Courses that Apply|
|Introduction to Linguistics|
Three courses must be completed at UF.