About this Program
- College: Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Credits: 25 | Completed with minimum grades of C
- Contact: Email | 201 Walker Hall | 352.392.9247
- More Info
The Center for Jewish Studies promotes academic study of Jewish culture, history, and politics for all students at the University of Florida. The Center’s curriculum encourages critical thinking, textual analysis, research, oral argumentation, and writing. The Center has scholarship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as study abroad opportunities.
P.O. Box 118020
1120 Turlington Hall
GAINESVILLE FL 32611-8020
Students should plan the minor under the guidance of a Jewish studies faculty member. Each program must be approved by the director of the Center for Jewish Studies.
At least three courses (none can be individual work) of no fewer than three credits each must be at the 3000-level or above. Students must complete a minimum of six credits of coursework exclusive to the minor that cannot count toward the major(s) or other minors.
|HBR 1130||Beginning Modern Hebrew 1||5|
|HBR 1131||Beginning Modern Hebrew 2||5|
|JST 2930||Special Topics in Jewish Studies (Introduction to Jewish Studies or equivalent)||3|
|Jewish studies or related courses 1||12|
- Bachelor of Arts in Foreign Languages and Literatures, Hebrew
- Bachelor of Arts in Jewish Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies, Middle Eastern Languages and Cultures
- Hebrew minor
- European Jewish Studies certificate
- Holocaust Studies certificate