About this Program
- College: Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Credits: 18 | Completed with minimum grades of C
The Department of Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies offers academic programs, grants graduate and undergraduate degrees, and advances research in the discipline. Faculty in the department successfully compete for national fellowships and grants, win research and teaching awards, and produce rigorous and transformative research.
Email | 352.392.3365 (tel) | 352.392.4873 (fax)
P.O. Box 117352
200 USTLER HALL
GAINESVILLE FL 32611-7352
Students pursuing the Women's Studies major are not eligible to receive the minor in Theories and Politics of Sexuality (TPS).
- 18 credits of approved coursework
- Students may count three credits of WST 2611 or WST 2612 or department-approved Quest courses towards their elective credits for the minor; the remaining 15 credits must be at the 3000-level or above.
- No more than three credits of internship or independent study may apply to the minor.
- All courses must be passed with minimum grades of C except internships, which are taken S/U.
- Six transfer credits can apply toward the minor.
- Students must complete a minimum of six credits of coursework exclusive to the minor that cannot count toward the major(s) or other minors.
Each semester, classes approved for this minor will be listed on the Women’s Studies courses webpage and flagged TPS.
|WST 3603||Sexualities Studies||3|
|or ENG 4844||Queer Theory|
|Women's Studies-approved TPS electives (3000-level or above) 1||15|
3 credits of WST 2611 or WST 2612 or department-approved Quest courses may be substituted for one 3 credit 3000-level approved elective.