About this Program
- College: Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Credits: 18 | Completed with minimum grades of C and no optional S/U
The mission of the Department of Statistics is to provide its students with a fundamental understanding of statistical reasoning and methodology, to train them to apply this knowledge to the collection and analysis of data, and to prepare them for careers in a highly technological society in which science and decision-making are increasingly driven by a rapid expansion in the quantity and availability of data.
Email | 352.392.1941 (tel) | 352.392.5175 (fax)
P.O. Box 118545
102 GRIFFIN-FLOYD HALL
GAINESVILLE FL 32611-8545
- This minor requires a minimum of six (6) STA courses.
- (STA 3024 or STA 3032) and STA 3100 should be taken prior to STA 4210.
- STA 4321 and/or STA 4322 are a prerequisite for many of the approved electives.
- No more than 3 transfer credits may be applied to the minor.
- Students must complete a minimum of 6 credits of coursework exclusive to the minor that cannot count toward the major(s) or other minors.
|Introduction to Statistics 2|
|STA 3100||Programming With Data in R||3|
|STA 4210||Regression Analysis||3|
|STA 4211||Design of Experiments||3|
|STA 3180||Statistical Modelling||3|
|STA 4222||Sample Survey Design||3|
|STA 4241||Statistical Learning in R||3|
|STA 4273||Statistical Computing in R||3|
|STA 4321||Introduction to Probability||3|
|STA 4322||Introduction to Statistics Theory||3|
|STA 4502||Nonparametric Statistical Methods||3|
|STA 4504||Categorical Data Analysis||3|
|STA 4702||Multivariate Statistical Methods||3|
|STA 4712||Introduction to Survival Analysis||3|
|STA 4821||Stochastic Processes||3|
|STA 4853||Introduction to Time Series and Forecasting||3|
|STA 4911||Undergraduate Research in Statistics||0-3|
|STA 4930||Special Topics||3|
|STA 4956||Overseas Studies||1-15|