Sustainability Studies Minor
Hours: 18 credits, completed with minimum grades of C
This interdisciplinary minor benefits from the teaching and research of faculty in multiple departments and colleges. It is designed to complement any major.
Students must complete a minimum of six credits of coursework exclusive to the minor that cannot count toward the major(s) or other minors.
|IDS 2154 Facets of Sustainability
|Approved Electives: Select at least one course from each cluster
(A minimum of three courses of no fewer than three credits each must be at the 3000 level or above.)
Cluster A: Ethics, Culture and Human Behavior or
Cluster B: Economics, Law and Policy or
Cluster C: Production Systems and the Built Environment or
Cluster D: Ecology and Environmental Stewardship
Students may apply to enroll in IDS 4942, Sustainability in Action, a 3-credit capstone course that has a service learning, internship or integrative research project component. Students accepted into this capstone course need only complete four Cluster courses (12 credits), one from each of the four clusters.
Approved courses for each cluster include those in the listing of approved electives in each cluster for the sustainability studies major, toward the bottom of the page, plus:
- AMH 2631 History of Sustainability
- ANT 2402 Anthropology of Sustainability
- CLA 2521 Classical Antiquity and Sustainability (GE-H)
- REL 2071 Religion and Sustainability (GE-H)
- POS 2032 Politics of Sustainability (GE-S)
Back to Top
- BSC 2862 Global Change Ecology and Sustainability (GE-B)
- GLY 2038 Sustainability and the Changing Earth (GE-P)